More than two billion cellphone users are being exposed to the dangers of electromagnetic radiation every day. What is surprising is that (EMR)—dangers government regulators and the cell phone industry refuse to admit exist.
Cell Phone radiation is known to cause genetic damage, brain dysfunction, brain tumors, and other conditions such as sleep disorders and headaches.
The cell phone manufacturers are fully aware of the dangers. Some cell phone manufacturers in fact issue contracts with the product warranty itself, prohibiting suing the cell phone manufacturer or service provider in a lawsuit by a affected consumer. Largely, the public is still very ignorant of the dangers, while the media regularly broadcasts new studies showing cell phones are completely safe to use
George Carlo, PhD, JD, is an epidemiologist and medical scientist who, from 1993 to 1999, headed the first and the largest telecommunications industry-backed study into the dangers of cell phone use. But the very industry that hired him, gave him the boot when his work revealed preventable health hazards associated with cell phone use.
A cellular phone is basically a radio device that sends signals in the form of waves, to a base station. The carrier signal generates two types of radiation fields: a near-field plume and a far-field plume. Living organisms, too, generate electromagnetic fields at basic cellular level; this is called the bio-field. Both the near-field and far-field plumes from cell phones and in the environment can wreak havoc with the human bio-field, and when the bio-field is compromised in any way, grave health hazards are bound to take place –
Here’s what happens:
- Cellular energy is now used for protection rather than metabolism. Cell membranes harden, keeping nutrients out and waste products in.
- Waste accumulating inside the cells creates a higher concentration of free radicals, leading to both disruption of DNA repair (micronuclei) and cellular dysfunction
- Unwanted cell death occurs, releasing the micronuclei from the disrupted DNA repair into the fluid between cells (interstitial fluid), where they are free to replicate and proliferate. This, says Dr. Carlo, is the most likely mechanism that contributes to cancer.
- Damage occurs to proteins on the cell membrane, resulting in disruption of intercellular communication. When cells can’t communicate with each other, the result is impaired tissue, organ, and organism function. In the blood-brain barrier, for example, cells can’t keep dangerous chemicals from reaching the brain tissue, which results in damage.
So, is there any scientific way of countering the health hazards?
There are a couple of precautionary measures that can help in the long run. These are –
- Avoid keeping the cell phone in your breast pocket or even in your pant pocket to stay away from impotency caused by the radiation.
- Do NOT allow cell phones within 100 meters of children below the age of 5 years. Toddlers who are NOT exposed to cell phone radiation earlier in their lives tend to live longer and healthier lives.
- Do NOT sleep with the cell phones near or even on the bed! That’s a brain tumor waiting to happen!
- Do NOT talk long hours with the cell phone next to your ears. Use good quality headphones instead.
- Increase the intake of your green leafy vegetables and enroll into an early morning Yoga class. Without your cell phone, please.