Bring back your childhood with this timeless treat everyone loves. Refreshing and tangy, making the tart from scratch is a bit tricky but this recipe won’t disappoint you.
A lemony dessert to end your meal on a fresh note. Tart cases filled with lemon curd consisting of lemon rind.
For the Tarts:
- 100 gm flour
- 50 gm butter
- 50 gm sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- A pinch of powdered almonds
- A pie dish for baking
- Lemon Filing:
- 200 gm sugar
- 125 gm cream
- 125 ml of lemon juice, freshly squeezed.
- 4 eggs
To make the Pastry Shell:
- Arrange flour in a ring on a surface.
- Place butter, sugar, powdered almonds and essence in the center and mix until smooth.
- Wrap it in a cling film, place it in the refrigerator and let it rest for about 25 minutes.
- Once done, roll it out into a circular round.
- Place this dough neatly in the pie dish. Stuff it with some weight so that the shell does not rise while baking.
- Bake blind at 180 degrees Celsius for 10 – 12 minutes.
To make the Filling:
- Break the eggs into a mixing bowl and beat them.
- Add the sugar into it and beat it till all of the sugar dissolves.
- In a pan mix the cream and the lemon juice on a very slow heat.
- Add this slowly into the bowl of eggs and sugar.
- Pour this mixture into the baked shell.
- And bake it once again at 180 degree celsius for 25 minutes.
- Decorate with some passion fruit puree